Pages

January 12, 2011

Yesterday was far from ordinary.

Before work I enjoyed two Tim Tams with Gavin.  He just loves these things.  I did a "Tim Tam Slam" with mine.

Work dinner was noodle soup with liver and a quail egg.  It was pretty bad.  In fact work was pretty bad.  I taught one of my older classes, 12-14 year-olds.  The boys and girls are just starting to notice each other, and their new budding feelings seem to be the only thing they have on their mind.  I really felt like I was wasting their time and they were wasting my time.  I think something is in the air, because all of us teachers looked defeated as we left work.

After work a friend invited me to "Ladies Night" at Lush.  I had never been to Lush or knew where it was, but decided to check it out.  It turns out is a super club.  I hate clubs.  The second I stepped in I wanted to run out.  The whole experience was awful.  The music, the creepy guys, the fakeness, the working girls.  NOT MY SCENE.  I got a drink (they were free) and made my way to where my friends were.  It was so loud I could hardly hear what they were saying.  Finally I got one of them to leave with me and head over to a rum bar to meet up with Gavin and friends.  What a good decision that was!  The rum bar is an sidewalk bar, which sells their own homemade rum.  Their menu is simple and easy...bottle of rum, bottle of coke, lime.  The rum is very light in alcohol and sweet.  It complements a coke well.  A few bottles had been ordered by the time I we got there, I helped myself to glass full of the combination.  It was nice to have good conversations that you could HEAR with some friends.

After the rum bar, we headed down to Assport of a bit of grub.  I chose to stick with water while everyone else got a night cap and had a veggie curry. 

Since I have been up I've drank a few huge tumblers of water and snacked on a massive satsuma as well as an organic kiwi.

No comments:

Post a Comment