Pages

January 11, 2011

Yesterday was a debacle and I felt awful all day.  I was really disappointed in myself.  I haven't been that hung over in a LONG TIME.  It totally disrupted my day.  I managed to accomplish everything on my long list of things to do, but never got out of the house to the store.  Disappointed. 

Food wise it was ok.  Unfortunately everything went unphotographed, but I had a massive bowl of strawberries.  They didn't taste all that good and looked like they had been grown in a swamp, but what can you do?

Throughout my day I had two yogurt cups and a plate of cheese and crackers.  I made Gavin a massive helping of spaghetti and corn (it was we had left in the veggie department!) with tomato sauce and fresh garlic.  I had a few bites.

I read this post on the Daily Garnish and really felt a connection to it.  I cut back to almost no alcohol this time last year.  I lost about 8 pounds with in a month or two as well as felt better.  I am not quite ready to quit drinking all together, but it is time for a major cut back again.  I hated how I felt yesterday.

Today I woke up early with pep in my step.  Breakfast was a hard boiled egg and some crackers and cheese.

We shared a big mug of coffee and one of Milo with milk.  Neither of us get enough calcium in our diets, so I have been trying to drink vitamin-infused milk as of late.  I hope it is working!

Gavin surprised me with a surprise date for lunch.  We went to a restaurant we had never been to before called Hideaway.  It's a super cute cafe that's hidden back in a alleyway.  

I got a huge salad with grilled veg, greens, and chicken, along with a iced green tea.  I would order it again, it was just that good.


We also shared an appetizer of bruschetta with goat cheese.


Gavin got a grilled sandwich with chicken, pesto and eggplant.  It was pretty bland.  It needed a lot of help.

This super cutie was blocking our bike when we were leaving....what a face!

We went for a massive supermarket run after lunch and are now resting and relaxing before our evening classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment