Pages

January 6, 2011

I have had a bit of delay posting due to a busy day and work.  Here are my eats for the last two days:

I made Gavin this massive plate of pasta for dinner.  I had a few bites.  It was really good: canned sauce mixed with fresh garlic and fresh tomatoes, along with broccoli.

Gavin had to work last night, which left me bored around the house.  I made spring rolls with a spicy peanut butter dipping sauce.  I ended up photographing the process so I will post up the recipe at some point soon.  They are so much fun to make, and so good to eat!

I also had a yogurt and some wasabi peas.  We were invited to a party last night, but before I we could go, Gavin needed another meal (he can eat so much, it's nuts) so we went to "The Monkey House" and got a plate of mi xao bo.  I had a few bites.  I stuck firm to my resolution and brought wine to the party.  I haven't had a beer this year!

Late night (3am) we got pho with some friends.  We always go to the same place, they only have one kind, and I think it is pretty gross(liver and shrimp with pork fat), so I get my rice noodles plain with only broth and load up the bowl with lime, hot peppers, chili sauce, lettuce and bean sprouts.

This morning I made quite a spread for breakfast.  I had my usual Milo with warm milk and water.

We shared a fruit plate (watermelon, kiwi, pineapple and jack fruit) and some cheese and crackers.

I made Gavin a veggie scramble with broccoli, corn, bok-choy, Vermicelli noodles and an egg topped with sweet chili sauce.  He liked it quite a bit.

This afternoon, I found myself snacking here and there on a yogurt and some Asian nut mix.

Before I knew it it, was time for me to head off to work!  6 pm came so quickly today.  Since I wasn't working a full shift, I didn't get dinner at work, so I made Gavin and I  a small spread of egg salad, tomatoes, cheese and crackers.


Gavin ate most of it, but I got enough energy to make it through class.  When I got off of work, Gavin was waiting for me.  We had a bit of a date night and went to a new pizza place near work.  We got a "regular" pizza, but it was more of a personal pan pizza size.  Thankfully I ordered a salad as well.  I had one and a half slices (about 8 bites in all) and a massive heap of salad.  Unfortunately, I didn't have my camera with me to take a picture.  I'm sure we'll go back at some point though, it was quite good.

No comments:

Post a Comment