Pages

January 8, 2011

Today has been a busy one so far.

I fueled this mornings classes with a mug of gruel and coffee along with a fruit bowl.  As usual Gavin and I shared our fruit. 


Lunch after work as a quick mi xao bo before heading home so Gavin could get a nap in before he went to his afternoon classes. 

I don't work until this evening, so I watched Food Inc.  What a powerful film.  It is so interesting to me what had happened to Americas food industry.  It's also strange to have been removed from it for a few years now.  I wonder how the food I put in my body is produced.  I hope it's better, but I'm sure not by much.  It is interesting to me how many of the big, American food corporations sell food in the supermarket here in Vietnam.  Almost all food in Turkey was a product of Turkey, you would see the villagers trucks pulling up to vegetable stands to sell their produce.  You knew that it had been picked very recently and grown locally.  I think I need to do more research on methods of production where I am living now.  One thing that I due notice are the seasons within the produce section.  Very interesting.

I can predict another soup for dinner tonight, then an early night at home to rest up for a 10 hour teaching day tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment