Pages

December 25, 2010

It's Christmas!

Today started with a lovely Christmas breakfast.  It included one runny egg each and a massive stack of pancakes.  We were so excited the other night to find a small package of pancake mix at a small Japanese shop called Tokyo Market in District One.  I knew immediately I would make flapjacks for Christmas breakfast.  I added a bit of blackberry jam on mine, delicious!  I also enjoyed a fresh fruit salad containing pears, kiwi, and pineapple.  For drinks, Con Soc coffee with creamer and a bit of sugar.
I have been going back and forth on the creamer here.  I really shouldn't even call it creamer.  It's supposed to be condensed milk, but it looks eerily similar to Elmer's glue when you pour it into your coffee and has similar color and texture.  It isn't good for you at all: straight sugar, fat and preservatives.  But it is so damn good.  At first I only got it when we were at local cafes, but I recently turned to the darkside and purchased some for the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment