Pages

January 20, 2011

Tuesday:  Pretty uneventful day.  We didn't have much food around the house due to a planned trip to the beach, so I snacked on peanut butter and crackers.

My pre-work snack included part of this cheese and crackers plate along with a few bites of the Giant's leftover pasta.

Before we left for work I started to not feel so well.  By the time we got to work I had a full blown fever.  I managed to get through three hours of work, (and eat a small plate of noodles with tofu at our work provided meal) but felt like death by the time I got home.  I went straight to bed.  Meanwhile Gav canceled all of our travel plans for Wednesday.

Wednesday:  Felt a bit better, but hung around the house for the whole morning and afternoon.  We had literally NOTHING at home to eat, so it was cereal for Gavin, Milo for me, and a shared plated of orange slices and PB&J crackers.

We were starving by 4, and realized it was time to get out and get some real food in us.  Sushi sounded perfect!  I had a tuna and avocado roll, a salmon roll, a few pieces of various nigiri and a few bites of vegetable tampera.  It was perfect! 

After dinner we went to the rum bar and had a few drinks.  The rum there is so sweet and light, it tasted so good with out leaving you very fuzzy.  Apparently some of the Vietnamese men at the table next to us had a few too many bottles of rum...one fell off his motorbike, and his friend helped him up and put him back on to drive home!  You really have to watch out for drunk drivers here!

We ended up at a friends house late night.  They prepared an amazing Filipino feast for us of Vegetarian Adobo with tofu, whole eggs, potatoes and rice.  They also made massive platter of deep fried cheese stuffed hot peppers, fried morning glory leaves and some traditional dipping sauces.  Although I wasn't very hungry, I managed to have a few peppers and a small helping of Adobo.  So yummy!

Today Gavin and I slept late and by the time we were up and out of the house it was 2 and we hadn't eaten anything.  We went back to Pho Hao and had some pho.  I got mine meatless, it was divine! 

2 comments:

  1. hope you're feeling better. you've got me craving peanut butter and jelly now ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great night and some great food! I love sushi...and rum's not so bad itself :)

    ReplyDelete