Pages

December 27, 2010

A Trip to the Store

I took a trip to Big C, the Wal-Mart of grocery stores here in Saigon.  I normally go to a much smaller and closer store, but was feeling adventurous and am getting tired of the selection at COOP Mart.  To my delight I found so much fun stuff for the next few weeks!

Seaweed snacks for Gavin
An assortment of yummy cheeses
Baked beans!  I plan to make an English Breakfast this week, complete with beans, toast, runny eggs, and lean smoked bacon (also picked that up today!)
Spaghetti, canned tomatoes, tomato sauce, spinach, and Parmesan cheese for several night of pasta!
Rice paper, lettuce, and Vermicelli noodles.  It's time I take on homemade spring rolls.
I also got tons of canned beans, I'm officially a few ingredients away form making some excellent Mexican!  I bought a few more sets of silverware as well, it was getting pretty annoying having to wash our two forks and spoons before each meal!

While writing this I munched on a few of these cookies.
They taste like hard, flax seed Madelines.  Pretty good!



No comments:

Post a Comment