Pages

December 27, 2010

A Missing Day

I feel really guilty about already slipping on food posts after only starting my blog a few days ago, but I have an excuse!  My internet was down last night when I had intended to post.  I also work a 10 hour day on Sundays and usually use my two hour break to nap rather than peruse the internet.

Time to back up a bit:
Gavin and I got a little lazy when it came to Christmas Dinner.  Rather than going out as planned, we opted to watch Milk on our new DVD player and order in pizza.

We ended up with 2 pizzas due to delivery mix up.  We got this teeny tiny personal pan pizza first.
I think it was half seafood and half meat-lovers.  Gross.  I had two slices of the meaty side due to extreme hunger along with most of the garden salad we ordered.

Later our actual pizza arrived and I had two more normal sized slices.
We ordered it from Pepperoni's.  The pizza we ordered was just ok, and after all the confusion and having to eat such a disjointed meal I don't think we will be ordering from there again.

Sundays are always our busiest days.  We work all day.  We try to eat a hearty breakfast, but if a good breakfast is the difference between waking up at 6 and 6:20, I take sleeping in any day!  Sunday's breakfast was a diet supplement, nutrient packed, just-add-hot-water mix we call "Gruel" around here.  It doesn't look like much but it gives me energy and keeps me going for 4 hours of morning kids classes.
 I also partook in a massive cup of coffee with my beloved creamer and a cup of fruit with fresh kiwi and pear.

Lunch was an unpictured plate of beef noodles at a local spot, followed by a nap at home.

Dinner was provided by our work and consited of an extreemly meaty Banh Mi.  I took out all the meat, tried to scrape out the liver pate, and doctored it up the best I could with chili sauce but was still left underwhelmed and with iron tasting burps.

Late night snacks while watching a film included 2 Saltine Crackers, a sweet cracker with a slice of cheese and a few too many Tiger's than I'm proud to admit having.

No comments:

Post a Comment