Pages

January 14, 2011

Yesterday our computer and internet were running so slow I couldn't even check my email let alone blog my eats.  Internet is generally good and relatively fast in Vietnam, but our computer is a dinosaur....it's an 8 year old laptop from my husbands college days.  We had talked about using some of our wedding money to get a new computer this summer when we were in the states, but for some unknown reason we decided against it.

Anyways, on to food!

Wednesday was one of those disaster over eating days.  I wrote last about the Pho Bo Chin (Beef noodle soup) I had.  Even though we ate it fairly early, it left me so full I thought it would be best to skip dinner.  Rather than dinner I had a cup of yogurt.  Then disaster struck.  Gavin got hungry.  I ended up making way too much pasta with zucchini and had a small bowl myself.

I was so full afterwords, I felt like I was going to explode.  I had an awful stomachache, and when to bed feeling sick.

Yesterday I woke up with a skip in my step, determined not to make the same mistake.  We had wheat toast with fresh peanut butter and jelly for breakfast (I had one thin slice) and a kiwi.

We met a friend for lunch at a really cool Malaysian restaurant behind a mosque in District One called Quan Com Cary An Do Hoi Giao.  We had heard about the place and were excited to try it.  We ordered a bunch of little dishes to share between the three of us.

We had potato curry, okra, chicken curry, peas, rice and nan.  I had a piece of nan and helped myself to all the veggies.  The portions were small and we were hungry so we ordered a second helping of the okra and potatoes!


It was so good!

We finished off the meal with coffee and headed out the the Pham to pay some bills and get some packages together to mail back home.  I had two small glasses of wine in the process.

Snackage occurred for "dinner".  I had some whole wheat toast with mozzarella cheese and some dried jack fruit.  We found ourselves back at 138 for drinks in the evening.  Gavin got some rice, I had a few bites, but mostly just stuck to wine for the evening.  We had another busy night of bar hopping around Saigon and finally found ourselves at our late night pho spot for this vegetarian delight.


I piled mine with veggies and hot peppers!  MMmmm!

No comments:

Post a Comment