Pages

December 30, 2010

Late night Gavin came home from work ravenous, so I fed him pasta with tomato sauce and spinach.  I sprinkled some parm on top as well.

Of course I dug in and helped myself to about a fourth of this massive helping. 

I also had a yogurt and a spoon full of peanut butter.  We split a late night kiwi for dessert.

This morning we woke up early and decided to hit the courts and play some tennis.  We did this often when we first moved here, but as our social lives picked up and nights got later, it became harder and harder to get up in the morning and play. 

Before heading out I fueled up on black coffee, a Milo vitamin drink (I made mine with water rather than milk) and a fruit cup including pear, pineapple and dragon fruit.

After breakfast we headed to the park and played for 45 minutes.  I was pretty wiped after that, so i sat out the last 15 while Gavin played with our ball boy.

After tennis I came home craving some more homemade spring rolls.  I was out of lettuce, so I decided to play around with the ingredients I had around the house.  I browned some tofu strips and softened cabbage.  I rolled a slice of tofu, a spoonful of cabbage, Vermicelli noodles, and a leaf of endive into each rice paper. 
 Not to toot my own horn, but they were pretty awesome.  I served them with Chili sauce and ate four.  They are so easy and fun to make, I wish I had figured them out earlier!  I plan to play around even more with the stuffing in the coming weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment